You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

Did he ever LOVE me.....or only fancy me??
October 18, 2018, 5:37pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: Got A Problem? ::::    :::: Agony Aunts & Uncles ::::  ›  Did he ever LOVE me.....or only fancy me?? Moderators: MaXiNe, corky100
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 2 Guests

Did he ever LOVE me.....or only fancy me??  This thread currently has 2,479 views. Print Print Thread
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
RUBY
September 3, 2006, 10:28pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Guest User
Hi can ayone help me? My problem is that I want to become a Goth..  however I am also considering a career in acting/as an actress or working with horses (going to an agricultural college) Can I do both?? I have NEVER seen a goth working with horses??? So if I worked with horses would becoming a Goth/gothic be a problem?Also about the acting....do you know of any famous actors/actresses who are gots/gothic?? Could i still be a Goth if I was an actress? PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP!!!!!
  What kind of jobs can Goths get ussually?? What sort of careers do they go into??

Also I failed my GCSEs (with G grades) am i clever/well educated
enough to become a Goth? Don't you have to know stuff like painting,writing poetry etc  ..to be a Goth? I don't have a clue about any of these things....so how could I become a Goth?? Also don't you need to know school subjects such as.....history,religion, etc?????

PLEASE CAN ANYONE OUT THERE OFFER ME ANY ADVICE????????
E-mail E-mail
NeilT
September 3, 2006, 10:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.92
Time Online: 153 days 12 hours 2 minutes
If you want to be a goth, then go for it...
For education, well explore all of your future options, you can do many things if you want to

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 1 - 11
corky100
September 3, 2006, 10:45pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Board Moderator
Saved The Phone Box
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Time Online: 26 days 23 hours 34 minutes
Being a Goth is nothing to do with results, cleverness etc. Its about expressing yourself. Its a statement about you. I'm an OMD fan yet I don't know Pauls middle name!!

But go for it. You can still get more education, and much of the stuff that Goth folk are into is learned as part of the process anyway, remember everyone has to start somewhere, and you learn as you go.

I am all the things I regret

Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 11
Sandra
September 3, 2006, 10:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I'm very close to far away...
The More I See You
Dont touch me.. I may blow up
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Time Online: 56 days 9 hours 11 minutes
Hello Ruby,
Welcome to the forum. I would suggest that if you want to be independent and able to make your own living without being too dependent on men, then you will need to get yourself some kind of career. And unless you want to do office work, a Goth-like appearance really shouldn't be a problem. But, assuming that you are very young, perhaps you can try and get some work experience to help you decide what you want to do and then maybe you will do better in future exams/courses if you have a good reason for passing them?  
As for how to be a Goth, can't really help you on that one, sorry. The few that I knew dyed their hair black and wore a lot of black and purple. Thinking about it, I think my best friend used to be be a Goth, so I could ask her next time I see her.

Onwards and upwards...
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 3 - 11
nigel2568
September 4, 2006, 2:57pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.72
Time Online: 32 days 1 hours 17 minutes
Hello RUBY,
This site should have an answer for you.

[url] http://www.teenadviceonline.org/archive/33742.html[/url]

Nigel ?  Oh yeah, he's up there !
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 11
Stephanie -Angel Wings-
September 4, 2006, 4:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Paul Humphreys - I LOVE Him!!!! =P
The More I See You
OMD Are The Band Band Ever
Posts Per Day: 0.74
Time Online: 15 days 12 hours 22 minutes
Hi Ruby, you do what you want to do, it's up to no one but yourself and don't worry about the future, the same thing is that it is up to you on what you do and what you become...Hope that helps
(P.S - Corky I know Paul Humphreys middle name, if thats who your talking about )

OMD: The Men In Black Are Back!

OMD Concerts = 2007 - Glasgow, 2008 - Glasgow

OMD Are The Best Band In The World =D
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Reply: 5 - 11
Sandra
September 4, 2006, 10:17pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I'm very close to far away...
The More I See You
Dont touch me.. I may blow up
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Time Online: 56 days 9 hours 11 minutes

(P.S - Corky I know Paul Humphreys middle name, if thats who your talking about )

so you have said many times

Onwards and upwards...
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 6 - 11
NeilT
September 4, 2006, 10:26pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.92
Time Online: 153 days 12 hours 2 minutes
very many

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 7 - 11
nigel2568
September 4, 2006, 10:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.72
Time Online: 32 days 1 hours 17 minutes
So many times in fact, that its actually

Nigel ?  Oh yeah, he's up there !
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 11
paulprogram
September 5, 2006, 1:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Enola Gay
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Time Online: 7 hours 54 minutes
Quoted from 341
Hi can ayone help me? My problem is that I want to become a Goth..  however I am also considering a career in acting/as an actress or working with horses (going to an agricultural college) Can I do both?? I have NEVER seen a goth working with horses??? So if I worked with horses would becoming a Goth/gothic be a problem?Also about the acting....do you know of any famous actors/actresses who are gots/gothic?? Could i still be a Goth if I was an actress? PLEASE CAN ANYBODY HELP!!!!!
  What kind of jobs can Goths get ussually?? What sort of careers do they go into??

Also I failed my GCSEs (with G grades) am i clever/well educated
enough to become a Goth? Don't you have to know stuff like painting,writing poetry etc  ..to be a Goth? I don't have a clue about any of these things....so how could I become a Goth?? Also don't you need to know school subjects such as.....history,religion, etc?????

Writing deep poetry about existential angst is essential if you want to be a goth. You must also languish in your bedroom because the outside world is so fake.

Therefore, as a goth, you can't get a job because jobs are for dull android sheep people.

You should also aim to fail all exam subjects, except for English and Art.

You won't be able to work with horses as horses wake at dawn, and as a goth, you can't leave the house in daylight hours, and also horses are frightened of facial piercings.

Good luck with being a goth, hope I have helped  

pop music for dummies - http://www.variousassortments.co.uk
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 11
2 Pages 1 2 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: Got A Problem? ::::    :::: Agony Aunts & Uncles ::::  ›  Did he ever LOVE me.....or only fancy me??

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread