You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

Mad About The Boy
July 22, 2018, 8:25pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: Got A Problem? ::::    :::: Agony Aunts & Uncles ::::  ›  Mad About The Boy Moderators: MaXiNe, corky100
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Mad About The Boy  This thread currently has 19,109 views. Print Print Thread
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » All Recommend Thread
omj
June 25, 2007, 12:59am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Agnus Dei
The More I See You
Sing Baby Sing
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Time Online: 23 days 8 hours 59 minutes
This isn't a problem, there's nothing anyone can do, I'm just ruminating.

I appear to have developed a raging crush on a guy I know who is literally less than half my age. We've only spoken a couple of times, and at least I've not made a fool of myself yet, which is the the main thing. And he started the conversation last time, which is one feather in my cap (Just realised what this smiley is called   ). So he's not actively avoiding me.

I suppose he is quite nice-looking, but that wouldn't be enough on its own to gain my interest. He's very talented in a number of ways, and I think that is what is driving me to want to know more about him.

I know I haven't got a snowball's chance in hell here, and if he's called for, cool, I shall turn the raving hormones onto someone else. I won't be seeing him for a few months because he's going abroad, so that's plenty of time for me to calm down a bit.

I thought these feelings belonged to the beginning of my reproductive life. The blessed M-word must be striking again.

That's all. Just wanted to get some thoughts straight in my head.

If you don't like something, change it -
REMEMBER - YOU'RE NOT A TREE!

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message
MJB
June 25, 2007, 6:48am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.19
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 23 minutes
omj - age is just a number; forget that bit.

If you two connect, and share mutual interests; why shouldn't something develop? It may be a relationship; or just a fantastic friendship; but don't let minor things get in the way of letting things happen.

These things usually happen naturally and come to a natural conclusion, either friends/more than friends or maybe nothing - but don't analyse stuff too deeply (I used to do that, (still do sometimes) and it can do your head in!!!)

Maybe whilst he is abroad, he will think about you and come back knowing what he wants - and please, DON'T SAY you don't have a "snowballs chance in hell" ... who knows???

Let it take its' natural course - but don't let it "bother" you!  

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 94
TheAviator
June 25, 2007, 11:59am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Firegun
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Time Online: 9 days 2 hours 10 minutes
well said Maxine, I concur

sic itur ad astra
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 94
omj
June 25, 2007, 3:19pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Agnus Dei
The More I See You
Sing Baby Sing
Thanks for your thoughts, folks.  

I very much doubt he will be thinking of me at all - I'm not even sure he knows my name.  
Still, as you say Maxine, concentrate on getting to know the person is the thing, enjoy it as far as it goes.

It wasn't too long ago that I was toying with the idea of a (fairly fit) pensioner that I know. However, he's definitely called for, so that's knocked on the head - but everything's cool. It felt nothing like this though. That's why I blame the hormones.

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 94
NeilT
June 25, 2007, 7:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.97
Time Online: 153 days 11 hours 59 minutes
snap, I would not worry about the age thing.. Just go with the flow and see what happens, he may be thinking just the same thing.

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 4 - 94
Sandra
June 25, 2007, 8:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I'm very close to far away...
The More I See You
Dont touch me.. I may blow up
Posts Per Day: 0.60
Time Online: 56 days 9 hours 11 minutes
Pity he's going away for a few months...  

Do you have any way to keep in touch then?

I have first hand experience that trips abroad can do strange things to a bloke. Don't be too surprised if he's not the same when he comes back.

Mind you, I once omited to tell someone who was about to go away that I had a shine for him and things ended up horribly complicated... (one of those stories that could come under the "strange but true" thread, if there was such a thing). Do you think you could handle telling him how you feel even though he's going away? I rather wish I had with hindsight...  

Onwards and upwards...
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 5 - 94
omj
June 26, 2007, 5:05am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Agnus Dei
The More I See You
Sing Baby Sing
Things are really not that far advanced, believe me. I may hear about him through third parties, but that is all. As I said, we've only spoken a couple of times.

Quoted Text
I have first hand experience that trips abroad can do strange things to a bloke. Don't be too surprised if he's not the same when he comes back.

I shall bear that in mind - equally I suppose I could change....hmmm.

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 94
MJB
June 26, 2007, 6:47am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.19
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 23 minutes
Quoted from omj

I very much doubt he will be thinking of me at all - I'm not even sure he knows my name.  
Still, as you say Maxine, concentrate on getting to know the person is the thing, enjoy it as far as it goes.

You never know, maybe he does know your name - or wants to know your name!  

You sound a little like me - quick to negate yourself - and you know, you really should not do that (she says, sounding very "pots and kettles"!!!) because you know (and I know!!) that men DO work in mysterious ways. Alot of men these days also like older women - (god! I watch too much Jeremy Kyle! ), and besides, age is immaterial - if you get on. He may have exactly the same thoughts going through his head - and for all you know, he may be half wishing he wasn't going away.....

Quoted from omj
It wasn't too long ago that I was toying with the idea of a (fairly fit) pensioner that I know. However, he's definitely called for, so that's knocked on the head - but everything's cool.

I think it's "good" that you "steer clear" of "taken" blokes; that can cause way too much aggro  

Quoted from omj
It felt nothing like this though. That's why I blame the hormones.

Have you considered that it might simply be that you have met someone special???

Blaming hormones is all very well, but you said (and I quote!!!) "It felt nothing like this though".... that is how I began to feel a few weeks after meeting the guy who is now my hubby. So I don't think it's hormones omj, not at all....

I still stand by what I said, don't think too much into it (and I really can give that advice because I'm the worlds' worst at analysing stuff) and see what happens....

Don't beat yourself up, or blame hormones - maybe, just maybe, you've stumbled across someone who could, in time, be very special...

I'm chuffed for you - but please, don't beat yourself up... PM me if you have to; having been an over-analyser most of my life and now have it more under control, I could give you some tips!!!  

Be strong; and happy!  

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 94
omj
June 26, 2007, 2:20pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Agnus Dei
The More I See You
Sing Baby Sing
Quoted from MJB

I think it's "good" that you "steer clear" of "taken" blokes; that can cause way too much aggro  

I didn't mean to imply that that guy was giving me any encouragement - he's just good company!

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 94
Steph
June 26, 2007, 7:30pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Party on!
The More I See You
Fairy Princess
Posts Per Day: 0.53
Time Online: 17 days 16 hours 11 minutes
What you should try and do is when you see/speak to him next say that he should send you an email to let you know how he is enjoying his time abroad or some sort of virtual postcard, if he agrees, then you know that he is interested in wanting to be in contact with you.

I think sometimes you need to grab the bull by the horns and go for it as you may regret not doing it.

I am a fairy princess, what is your wish.....
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 94
10 Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread