You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

Free Heroin on the NHS. Good Idea or pandering?
February 24, 2018, 12:09pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: The Lounge ::::    Question Of The Week  ›  Free Heroin on the NHS. Good Idea or pandering? Moderators: PaulB, NeilT, MaXiNe, corky100
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Free Heroin on the NHS. Good Idea or pandering?  This thread currently has 4,601 views. Print Print Thread
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
NeilT
November 22, 2007, 12:17am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 3.06
Time Online: 153 days 11 hours 48 minutes
If your bin is not being emptied, that another thing, and another way that things are funded.. nothing at all to do with the NHS

Quoted Text
I lived amongst them Neil.
Thats good, as you can see, first hand the problem in your area, but what about the rest of the country? yes there are "junkies" those that are just going to lose out on life. But I am talking about those that have made a mistake, realise it, and want to get back to a normal life. Have we not all made a mistake in our lives and then wanted help, just because some one made a mistake and went down the <DRUG> route, but then held there hand up and said, "I made a mistake" should they not get help? it could happen to your child, or someone that you love and know, do you just say "Hey junkie, DIE"

Life is far to short to do that, and if you are not prepared to give a living person a second chance, when they have made a error, that for me, is really sad. I as an individual, have utter respect for any fellow human, and to be able to help someone, in a life or death situ, I for one one like to help them, and not put them in a grave.

Every male and female on this planet are someones sibling, and I know for sure how I feel.  

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 20 - 26
Elfi
November 23, 2007, 11:42am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Motion & Heart
I like my smilies
Posts Per Day: 2.08
Time Online: 47 days 12 hours 5 minutes
Been thinking about this... and youre right Neil.... of course you are... when people realise theyve made a mistake, and are genuinely seeking help... help should be there for them.... wish there were more people who had your mind set   Still doesnt take away from the fact that priorities are all wrong, when it comes to where the money is spent... and on what treatment people receive. I know you agree with that too.  

Private Message Private message Reply: 21 - 26
NeilT
November 23, 2007, 9:31pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
So many things in life are just plain and simple wrong, part of the reason why I got involved in politics. I am dealing with a case at the moment, and will not go into details. But this person was forced by the court of law on a technical not to make a plea of guilty at a Crown Court Case, he is now branded as a criminal but he made a simple error in filling in a form wrong after suffering a life threatening stroke. Everyone knows that this should never have gone to court, but with great saddnest, this person is now paying a very heavy price for his conviction. I am doing everything that I can to resolve this, but it is hard going and very frustrating. This person IS NOT and I say again this person IS NOT a criminal. But Muppet's read the tabloids and believe what the gutter press right..

The public at large should hang there heads in shame, for being a part of the media hype.. Grim.  

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 22 - 26
corky100
November 24, 2007, 8:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Board Moderator
Saved The Phone Box
Posts Per Day: 0.88
Time Online: 26 days 23 hours 34 minutes
To be fair the public only have the news they are given to go on. Its up to people like yourself (or others that know) to make sure that the real story is revealed sometimes when relevent...

I am all the things I regret

Private Message Private message Reply: 23 - 26
Elfi
November 28, 2007, 9:39pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Motion & Heart
I like my smilies
Yet again.... good on ya Neil..... wish there were more in the world like you. Really mean that.  

Private Message Private message Reply: 24 - 26
NeilT
November 28, 2007, 10:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
With out going into detail, I spoke at a large council meeting this week, about a subject, and the leader of the controlling group, agreed with me!!! Mark my words this is just not normal.

Am also at another large public meeting tomorrow night, and will be speaking up for the everyday people so to speak, sort of what I am saying, is that some of us involved in politics, really do care.

Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 25 - 26
Elfi
November 28, 2007, 10:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Motion & Heart
I like my smilies
We`ve known for a long time that YOU care Neil..... hope there`ll be more there who feel like you do. And hope youre successful with this court battle.  

Private Message Private message Reply: 26 - 26
3 Pages « 1 2 3 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: The Lounge ::::    Question Of The Week  ›  Free Heroin on the NHS. Good Idea or pandering?

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread