You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

ADHD
April 20, 2018, 8:20pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: Got A Problem? ::::    :::: Agony Aunts & Uncles ::::  ›  ADHD Moderators: MaXiNe, corky100
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 5 Guests

ADHD  This thread currently has 9,422 views. Print Print Thread
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
omj
March 7, 2008, 3:56pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Agnus Dei
The More I See You
Sing Baby Sing
Posts Per Day: 0.33
Time Online: 23 days 8 hours 59 minutes
Carry on the way you are doing, and there will be light at the end of this tunnel, so hang on, Nigel.

If you don't like something, change it -
REMEMBER - YOU'RE NOT A TREE!

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 30 - 31
amber
March 7, 2008, 5:12pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Hold the sun!
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Time Online: 3 days 15 hours 1 minutes
God bless you, Sandra and Nigel, and other parents like you!
I understand quite well, through what are you going now, but, believe, the love and patience, you're putting into your kids, will turn them into happy and successful people very soon.
Make them move and learn what they have to learn- that's really is the main key to the success. Well, sometimes you can lose your energy during it, but your kids certainly will be the winners.
(In each class i teach, there are about 3 ADHD kids and 60% nervous or very active ones, so we jump, crawl and so on, and so on... Ohh, poor, poor, poor couple of calm and peaceful kids. Sometimes they look into my eyes sadly and there's only one question into their big eyes, "Teach, can we sit still at least one lesson? Please..." Then we play "Peace game" and i'm so happy to watch, how my grasshoppers are able to be still longer and longer.)
To be honest, i don't trust experimental schools (seems such is Steiner school, Sandra had mentioned).
We had Montesori school here. OK, they had a lot of fantastic things, but, in my opinion, their idea, "Children will learn, when they will be ready to. Simply trust their feelings." didn't work. For example, they could crochet during English lesson. Year by year, and my little neighbour, who was a student at that school, became as an excellent crocheter, but couldn't say any word into English and had to look for and pay for a private teacher...
And one more time allow me to say, "God, bless you, Sandra and Nigel", cos i know, what happen with the ADHD kids, whose parents don't care and use to say to the teachers, "Your student- your problems."

How many times have feelings vanished in your head?
How many times must they be lost before they're said?
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 31 - 31
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread