You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

Been A Silly Girl...
November 16, 2018, 2:57am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: The Lounge ::::    The Techie Forum  ›  Been A Silly Girl... Moderators: NeilT, corky100
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Been A Silly Girl...  This thread currently has 1,271 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
omj
March 7, 2008, 3:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Agnus Dei
The More I See You
Sing Baby Sing
Posts Per Day: 0.32
Time Online: 23 days 8 hours 59 minutes
Hello folks!

Now got a brand new laptop - very nice, but just realised that it hasn't got an internal modem, so it will have to go broadband, or shell out on an external USB one (I thought internal ones came as standard, hence why I've been a silly girl). So still using ancient desktop to get online.

I was supposed to have won a year's broadband in a competition, but nothing seems to have come of it, so am on the lookout for an ISP - reading Corky's experiences with Be with interest.

If you don't like something, change it -
REMEMBER - YOU'RE NOT A TREE!

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message
corky100
March 7, 2008, 4:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Board Moderator
Saved The Phone Box
Posts Per Day: 0.84
Time Online: 26 days 23 hours 34 minutes
OMJ, its just one of those things now that Modems are becoming less common, certainly in laptops, and dial up will practically dissappear in the next couple of years or so, so you will have to go Broadband soon. Average coost is only between 15-20 a month now so its relatively cheap for a pretty fast always on connection.

You will have a wireless adapter though, they are practically a mainstay in laptops nowadays, as are the LAN ports for a wired setup.

Be has been pretty good to me so far, but only less than a month in so I cant vouch for them too much, but I've been very happy so far.

I would jst recommend that you be wary of AOL, and their new laptop offer thats being advertised on TV. Take a closer look at the bottom of the screen and you'll notice in small letters the phrase "24 month contract required", which is obscene considering the poor service and downright spite of them.

If you want more info from Be, heres a link...

https://www.bethere.co.uk/broadband.do

I am all the things I regret

Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 1
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: The Lounge ::::    The Techie Forum  ›  Been A Silly Girl...

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread