You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

Birmingham Concert Review
September 18, 2018, 9:52pm

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    Past OMD Tours    OMD Tour 2008  ›  Birmingham Concert Review Moderators: NeilT, corky100, PaulB
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Birmingham Concert Review  This thread currently has 1,068 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Lego man
October 8, 2008, 12:27pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
I one was a triangle
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Time Online: 3 days 17 hours 26 minutes
Don`t know if anyone is interested in this, but this is the press report from local news. Feel free to move if it is in the wrong area. Got a couple of good pics I took, but don`t know how to put them on, hence, I am quoting the press release:

`The days of the synthesiser are back, and how. The masters of electronic pop returned for a 30th anniversary tour - even though the band effectively split up 12 years ago. You only had to see the two sets of keyboards on stage to realise this was no ordinary popular beat combo from the 70`s and 80`s.
With lead singer Andy McCluskey impressively dancing around the stage in his own inimitable style, and fellow founder member Paul Humphreys joining past recruits Mal Holmes and Martin Cooper, this was Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark at their very best. Tracks from the iconic Architecture & Morality album included the classic She`s Leaving, Souvenir and Joan Of Arc, while other popular offerings ranged from Genetic Engineering and Tesla Girls to Maid Of Orleans and If You Leave.`

Verdict: 4/5  Tony Collins Birmingham Evening Mail.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
nigel2568
October 8, 2008, 12:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.72
Time Online: 32 days 1 hours 17 minutes
Only a 4/5, he is obviously missing something there.

This has to be the best tour OMD have done. They looked so refreshed, confident, relaxed, happy and fully enjoying themselves, which in turn made it more infectious for the crowd. The crowd's enthusiasm probably encouraged the band members even more, so both sides getting a fantastic performance from the band.

I wasn't at Brum, only Liverpool, but each review I have read has been equally as enthusiastic about the performance and the crowd.

Nigel ?  Oh yeah, he's up there !
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 6
Lego man
October 8, 2008, 12:58pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
I one was a triangle
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Time Online: 3 days 17 hours 26 minutes
Definately thought the crowd played their part at Brum. As soon as Stanlow started, the whole place stood - none of the usual seated people in between. Even Andy joked that everybody had stood so soon. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to stand next year when they return!
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 6
DreamRedux
October 9, 2008, 3:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

My brain is a broken juke box!
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Time Online: 9 days 5 hours 4 minutes
Thanks Lego Man!  

~ Lorraine

Last cup of tea - though I could sit here forever
Passing the life and times back and forth
Across the table with you, my ideal friend.

J. D. McClatchy - An Essay on Friendship, Part IX (1991)

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 6
MJB
October 9, 2008, 6:41pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.16
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 23 minutes
Quoted from Lego man
Definately thought the crowd played their part at Brum. As soon as Stanlow started, the whole place stood - none of the usual seated people in between. Even Andy joked that everybody had stood so soon. Hopefully we will have the opportunity to stand next year when they return!

Just like Nottingham then!  

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 6
dazzleshippez
October 9, 2008, 8:29pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Georgia
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 32 minutes
i was at brum gig and i tell you this omd were simply brilliant when stanlow started i got goosebumps it was an awesome night, i must also say that china crisis were excellent.  i just hope omd return next year as i for one will be queing for a ticket.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 6
NeilT
October 9, 2008, 11:04pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.94
Time Online: 153 days 12 hours 1 minutes
And again, a good review, did not do brum this year, but pleased it all went well

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Motion And Heart Forum    Past OMD Tours    OMD Tour 2008  ›  Birmingham Concert Review

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread