You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

OMD Support Simple Minds
July 18, 2018, 5:12am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark Forums ::::    Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - OMD NEWS  ›  OMD Support Simple Minds Moderators: NeilT, corky100, PaulB
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

OMD Support Simple Minds  This thread currently has 1,231 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
NeilT
April 22, 2009, 9:16pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.97
Time Online: 153 days 11 hours 59 minutes
OMD are to support Simple minds later this year.. More on the Motion and Heart site -->>> http://www.omd.me.uk/

Or the news page -->>  md-support-simple-minds&catid=1:latest-news&Itemid=50">http://www.omd.me.uk/index.php.....t-news&Itemid=50

I think that this will be the first ever OMD tour that I will not take part in   I am not a big fan of Simple Minds, and aint going to fork out money, just for a support band... Kinda reminds me of Gary Numan supporting OMD, his fans all straight to the front, for a Numanoid sort of moment, but after it, all left....

But for value for money, for the 40 something brigade, that are wanting to do a bit of a dream, this will be popular, no doubt.

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype
MJB
April 23, 2009, 5:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.20
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 23 minutes
Quoted from NeilT

I think that this will be the first ever OMD tour that I will not take part in   I am not a big fan of Simple Minds, and aint going to fork out money, just for a support band... Kinda reminds me of Gary Numan supporting OMD, his fans all straight to the front, for a Numanoid sort of moment, but after it, all left....

Neil, I'm not a fan of Simple Minds and so we won't be going either   If it had been OMD supported BY simple minds, then we would deffo have tried for/got some tickets

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 6
corky100
April 23, 2009, 7:11pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Board Moderator
Saved The Phone Box
Posts Per Day: 0.86
Time Online: 26 days 23 hours 34 minutes
I don't mind Simple Minds (I work with enough of 'em!), but don't want to fork out a fortune. If I had a load of spare dosh I would definitely go. But I don't. So I won't. Bah.  

I am all the things I regret

Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 6
Lego man
April 23, 2009, 10:48pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
I one was a triangle
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Time Online: 3 days 17 hours 26 minutes
Not for me. Going in June to the Philharmonic one, but never liked Simple Minds.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 6
NeilT
April 23, 2009, 11:06pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.97
Time Online: 153 days 11 hours 59 minutes
The PR co behind this have had a few blibs.... Bet know one has noticed changes in the PR art work of late  

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 4 - 6
TheAviator
April 24, 2009, 11:37am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Firegun
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Time Online: 9 days 2 hours 10 minutes
I'm not going either.

1. its in Manchester (travel/car park costs)
2. only like a few SM singles
3. probably similar OMD setlist as last tours
4. hopefully something new next year to wait for

sic itur ad astra
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 6
amber
April 25, 2009, 3:15pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Hold the sun!
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.09
Time Online: 3 days 15 hours 1 minutes
But i will go (at least i hope so. If i won't be among those 4000 teachers, who 'll lose their jobs here in summer).
I won't go to the June gig (cos here aren't direct flights Riga-L-pool on those days). Was so unhapy about it, even cried, so the news about this tour cheered me up till the sky.
Of course, i'd love to see OMD as the main band, but, if it isn't possible, then one hour certainly is better than nothing.
So, i'll go. I'm so in love. I'm too in love. And i'll be in the HEAVEN. At least for an hour.

HEAVEN IS OMD!!!

BTW, i used to like SM in 90s, even had a couple of their cassettes, but bartered them for OMD.

How many times have feelings vanished in your head?
How many times must they be lost before they're said?
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 6
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread

Thread Tags