You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

Another Supermarket Joke
November 16, 2018, 3:22am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: The Fun Section ::::    Got A Joke??  ›  Another Supermarket Joke Moderators: corky100
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Another Supermarket Joke  This thread currently has 1,163 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
DreamRedux
July 1, 2009, 3:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

My brain is a broken juke box!
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Time Online: 9 days 5 hours 4 minutes
A woman in a grocery store happens upon a grandfather and his poorly behaved 3-year-old grandson. It's obvious to her that Gramps has his hands full with the child screaming for candy in the candy aisle, cookies in the cookie aisle; same for fruit, cereal and soda in their respective aisles.

Meanwhile, Gramps is working his way around, saying in a controlled voice, "Easy, Albert, we won't be long -- easy, boy."

A few minutes later she hears another outburst, and Gramps calmly saying, "It's OK, Albert, just a couple more minutes and we'll be out of here. Hang in there, boy."

At the checkout, the little terror is throwing items out of the cart, and Gramps again in a controlled voice says, "Albert, Albert, relax buddy, don't get upset. We'll be home in five minutes; stay cool, Albert."

Very impressed, the woman goes outside where Gramps is loading his groceries and the boy into the car.

"You know, sir, it's none of my business, but you were amazing in there. I don't know how you did it. That whole time, you kept your composure, and no matter how loud and disruptive he got, you just calmly kept saying things would be OK. Albert is very lucky to have you as his grandpa."

"Thanks, lady," said Gramps. "But, I'm Albert -- my grandson's name is Steven!"

~ Lorraine

Last cup of tea - though I could sit here forever
Passing the life and times back and forth
Across the table with you, my ideal friend.

J. D. McClatchy - An Essay on Friendship, Part IX (1991)

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message
MJB
July 2, 2009, 2:32pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.13
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 23 minutes
Love it!!!  

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 3
NeilT
July 6, 2009, 7:22pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.91
Time Online: 153 days 12 hours 18 minutes
Ohhhhh  

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 2 - 3
TheAviator
July 23, 2009, 11:45am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Firegun
Posts Per Day: 0.23
Time Online: 9 days 2 hours 10 minutes
very good

sic itur ad astra
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 3
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: The Fun Section ::::    Got A Joke??  ›  Another Supermarket Joke

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread