You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

Neon Lights
February 25, 2018, 5:39am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark Forums ::::    Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark - OMD NEWS  ›  Neon Lights Moderators: NeilT, corky100, PaulB
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

Neon Lights  This thread currently has 1,739 views. Print Print Thread
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
NeilT
October 21, 2009, 10:18pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 3.06
Time Online: 153 days 11 hours 48 minutes
Simple Minds and OMD will appear on stage together for the very first time when they perform Kraftwerk's "Neon Lights" on their forthcoming UK tour which kicks off at the Newcastle Metro Arena on 30th November.  

The news follows OMD's recent appearance in the BBC 4 television documentary 'Synth Britannia' that chronicled the rise of electronic and industrial pop music in the mid 70s and early 80s. "Neon Lights," originally released on Kraftwerk's 1978 album "The Man Machine," will be performed together by OMD and Simple Minds during Simple Minds' set on every date of their UK tour. Both bands have previously performed Neon Lights in their own right.

Says Jim Kerr of Simple Minds, "Kraftwerk were the link between a whole generation of kids in the UK that used synthesizers to define some of the 80's most glorious pop music. In our own way we want to honour their influence by performing Neon Lights."

"Kraftwerk's contribution to music is timeless," says OMD's Andy McCluskey. "Kraftwerk was the reason why we formed OMD. Simple Minds and OMD listened to Kraftwerk before we started making music, but eventually our individual styles of music ventured into different directions. Simple Minds' early electronic rock albums 'Empires and Dance' and 'Reel To Reel Cacophony' defined industrial electronic rock with 'I Travel', while OMD explored electronic soundscapes and minimalism with our early songs 'Electricity' and 'Messages'.

Simple Minds/OMD UK tour dates include Newcastle Arena (Nov 30), Birmingham LG Arena (Dec 2), Manchester MEN Arena (Dec 3), Sheffield Arena (Dec 5), Cardiff CIA (Dec 6), London Wembley Arena (Dec 7), Glasgow SECC (Dec 11) and Aberdeen Exhibition & Conference Centre (Dec 12). Ticket Hotline: 0871 424 4444 or book online at http://www.ticketline.co.uk.  

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype
MJB
October 23, 2009, 6:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I was once a New Romantic, but never was a
Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.29
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 15 minutes
Thanks for sharing the information Neil.... great to read even though I'm not going to any of the gigs...

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 1 - 5
Love42
October 24, 2009, 9:32am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The bigger you are...
The More I See You
Neil Deleted Me Once
Posts Per Day: 0.46
Time Online: 261 days 4 hours 51 minutes
Cool  

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Reply: 2 - 5
Sandra
November 14, 2009, 9:03pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I'm very close to far away...
The More I See You
Dont touch me.. I may blow up
Posts Per Day: 0.62
Time Online: 56 days 9 hours 11 minutes
Hmmm. Not told hubby yet ...  but I hear of a tour with new album material planned for autumn  2010. I was  less fussed about the present tour, plus we are juggling a lot of balls at the mo, but this tour next year, I would love to go to at least some of it  

(No elections by then, hopefully!!)

Onwards and upwards...
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 3 - 5
Steph
November 16, 2009, 5:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Party on!
The More I See You
Fairy Princess
Posts Per Day: 0.55
Time Online: 17 days 16 hours 11 minutes
Hopefully I will be able to do a couple, but I've got a couple of trips booked already, so my holiday time is being eaten up already....

I am a fairy princess, what is your wish.....
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 5
MJB
November 16, 2009, 6:51pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I was once a New Romantic, but never was a
Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.29
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 15 minutes
Quoted from Sandra
Hmmm. Not told hubby yet ...  but I hear of a tour with new album material planned for autumn  2010. I was  less fussed about the present tour, plus we are juggling a lot of balls at the mo, but this tour next year, I would love to go to at least some of it  

(No elections by then, hopefully!!)

Snap!!!

(there will be a General Election next year Sandra!!!!   )

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 5
1 Pages 1 Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread