You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

The Question
October 23, 2018, 3:11am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: News ::::    Latest News  ›  The Question
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Question  This thread currently has 7,969 views. Print Print Thread
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
NeilT
May 30, 2010, 11:35pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.92
Time Online: 153 days 12 hours 2 minutes
The Question?

It’s been nice for many years to have had the Motion and Heart web site running, it did in fact start even before OMD had their own official site running.

This site has served a purpose, and over the years has been instrumental in gathering fans together, and we have indeed put on a great many OMD fan parties, gatherings and more.

The main Motion and Heart web site suffered a DOS attack a couple of months back, but I am pleased to say that everything was backed up and now (at last) all of the site should now be back on-line

But where to now?

For me, it’s pretty simple.

In the official OMD land, the lunatics have taken over the asylum, and I see history repeating, and am going back to the Liberator days. Many reading this will not have a clue to what I am on about, but alas the parallels that  I now see are “spooky” to say but the least.

On a personal level, I will indeed purchase the new album, but I will not be attending any of the 2010 concerts.

As a fan from 1978/79 to now I have done my bit and wish everyone luck for the future.

I will still be around, and will still do an update from time to time, but as stated above “In the official OMD land, the lunatics have taken over the asylum”

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype
Sandra
May 31, 2010, 5:55am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I'm very close to far away...
The More I See You
Dont touch me.. I may blow up
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Time Online: 56 days 9 hours 11 minutes
Um, put which baby to bed?

BTW very much looking forward to hearing the new album  

Onwards and upwards...
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 1 - 34
sparksward
May 31, 2010, 7:49am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Georgia
Posts Per Day: 0.00
Time Online: 27 minutes
Neil - not following you mate - have had a look over at the 'official' forum but so far can't see anything contentious?
Hope no-one's upset you after all the hard work and support you've given OMD.
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 2 - 34
PaulWirral
May 31, 2010, 11:21am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Enola Gay
Posts Per Day: 0.01
Time Online: 4 hours 42 minutes
One day I might understand why OMD fans make such a fuss and complain about other OMD fans which they then use to make excuses as to why they don't want to post anymore on "official sites". I've read moans, complaints and whinging so many times over the years but I never read such silliness on any other fan sites. I have never seen a Dep Mode fan or a Gary Numan fan refer to members of the Official Site as "lunatics" who have "taken over the asylum"!! Such nonsense.

At the end of the day its up to you Neil but I think you, and a few others, are taken it all far too seriously. Its only a forum!!
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 3 - 34
djphattlez
May 31, 2010, 11:24am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Georgia
Time Online: 23 minutes
a bit of a surprise this neil, not sure im following correctly whats going on
but i think your in a better position to judge than me!
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 4 - 34
dazzler
May 31, 2010, 2:31pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

music for your tape recorder
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.06
Time Online: 7 days 10 hours 35 minutes
It's a pitty ro read this. And in fact I don't know what's going on exactly. I was an active member on the official forum from 2004 till 2008. And when things went a bit "loony" there I was welcome on Neils forum. I would like to thank Neil for that. When tension was rising, I could always trust on his listening ear. During 2008 I lost interest in both forums.

There was the good news of OMD reforming in the old line up. OMD touring again. Making a new record. But after the 2007 comeback tour much of the fun was over. The new album took a lot of time ro write, record and release. And I'm not that kind of a Night of the Proms fan. Much of the talk on the official forum is anything but in depth anymore. Something I regret. I don't know how things went on Neils forum the last two years. But sad news to hear how he feels about it.

In 2008 I found another music forum where one can discuss all kinds and types of bands. I wrote a few hundred reviews ... in Dutch ... on that forum. I'm enjoying myself there. Not much time left for the OMD forums anymore. Maybe the new album will bring some of the interest back. Never say never. This forum had the right name: Motion and Heart. Not so "official" as the "official". Over here there was room for some emotion, a little tear, some grief and joy.

cheers, dazzler.

We're just waiting looking skyward as the days come down
Someone promised there'd be answers if we stayed around

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 5 - 34
scotty
May 31, 2010, 5:24pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator
Georgia
Time Online: 34 minutes
Im sorry to hear this Neil, but i totally understand and you have the right to feel as u do. It is not for anyone else to judge or belittle the way u feel, it is all very personal to each person how certain events affect them. I honestly appreciate the work u have done and i can honestly say, u paved the way for a lot of OMD fans to voice not only their love of the group and their music, but to making it a forum to help get the band back together again. Without the growing swell of voices, would we have seen the guys back on stage? Its not really a question we have to answer now.

But thank you for the grace and generosity you have shown. Theres always people who jump on bandwagons...but just remember, as you often quote sayings and phrases "often imitated, never bettered"....good luck and i do hope that we see you back in some way shape or form...

Cheers Neil
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 6 - 34
Karin
May 31, 2010, 7:54pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I love Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark !!!!
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Time Online: 3 days 5 hours 28 minutes

BTW very much looking forward to hearing the new album  [/quote]

ME TOO  

ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK !!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 7 - 34
MJB
May 31, 2010, 8:05pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.14
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 23 minutes
I think I understand you extremely well Neil

I just hope that this forum doesn't disappear

We lost Mr P (see my profile pic) yesterday, and I don't want to lose this site so soon after - it has been a part of my life for over 10 years - it was the first site I joined when I finally got round to getting on the internet.....

And, like you Neil, we are not going to any concerts this year, but I too will buy the new album....  

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 8 - 34
Karin
May 31, 2010, 8:52pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I love Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark !!!!
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Time Online: 3 days 5 hours 28 minutes
I love this forum Neil,
Wasn`t much around but i mostly haven`t got the time   to visite !
This forum always  is a nice place to be when i pop in,
it`s very sad to hear that this forum will disappear  
PLEASE Neil save it !!!!!

Maxine, my condoleances for you and your husband with the terrible lost of your Mr P xxxxx
I know how that feels
My hugs for you

ORCHESTRAL MANOEUVRES IN THE DARK !!!!

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 9 - 34
4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: News ::::    Latest News  ›  The Question

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread