You are visiting the Motion and Heart forums, the number one forums for fans of Orchestral Manoeuvres In The Dark, AKA OMD

The Motion & Heart web site is run for free. But if you did want to make a donation to the running of this site, to help to cover the running cost, then you can now make a donation via Paypal, Cheque, Postal Order . It is quick and easy to to do, and you do not need to have a Paypal account to make a donation.

Motion & Heart Our Forum OMD Fan? OMD Event Donate Shop OMD Media Mailing List

The Question
October 23, 2018, 3:40am

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: News ::::    Latest News  ›  The Question
Users Browsing Forum
No Members and 1 Guests

The Question  This thread currently has 7,971 views. Print Print Thread
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
MJB
August 19, 2010, 4:53pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Mod
Married & Happy
Posts Per Day: 3.14
Time Online: 27 days 14 hours 23 minutes
Quoted from petec
I don't come on here much these days (for various reasons) so i'm not aware of the politics Neil ... but ... what i would say is that if you've got the time, passion and resources then please keep it going - in my early days of internet this was one of the first places i headed to and made loads of friends through it at a time when OMD, were well and truly in the wilderness.

An alternative voice from the "official forum" is needed more now then ever ... (imo) I don't mean anything underhand by that statement btw.

Take care all and promise to choon in more often, i think you should even reinstate the Sunday evening chat room!!

P x

ps remember the SMBW forum you ran too  

Hello flower, long time, no see...!!! Hope all is well with you, and I agree with all that you said!!!

M    A    X    I    N    E  
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 20 - 34
NeilT
August 19, 2010, 11:02pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

"Cos Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Posts Per Day: 2.92
Time Online: 153 days 12 hours 2 minutes
Quoted Text
ps remember the SMBW forum you ran too
Oh yes indeed... Have you seen the plans that Bucket Head has in place?

"Thats The Way The Mop Flops"
The Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark Fan web site @ http://www.omd.me.uk/

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 21 - 34
petec
August 22, 2010, 7:46pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Time Online: 9 hours 52 minutes
Quoted from NeilT
Oh yes indeed... Have you seen the plans that Bucket Head has in place?

aye very grand!!

have you seen FC's plans though

have to meet up soon Neil - specially if these Sunday evening chatrooms aren't reinstated soon .. .

Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 22 - 34
petec
August 22, 2010, 7:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.02
Time Online: 9 hours 52 minutes
Hi to mjb too  
Logged Offline
Site Site Private Message Private message Reply: 23 - 34
NeilT
September 16, 2010, 10:57pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Quoted Text
It's a pitty ro read this. And in fact I don't know what's going on exactly. I was an active member on the official forum from 2004 till 2008. And when things went a bit "loony" there I was welcome on Neils forum. I would like to thank Neil for that. When tension was rising, I could always trust on his listening ear. During 2008 I lost interest in both forums.

There was the good news of OMD reforming in the old line up. OMD touring again. Making a new record. But after the 2007 comeback tour much of the fun was over. The new album took a lot of time ro write, record and release. And I'm not that kind of a Night of the Proms fan. Much of the talk on the official forum is anything but in depth anymore. Something I regret. I don't know how things went on Neils forum the last two years. But sad news to hear how he feels about it.

In 2008 I found another music forum where one can discuss all kinds and types of bands. I wrote a few hundred reviews ... in Dutch ... on that forum. I'm enjoying myself there. Not much time left for the OMD forums anymore. Maybe the new album will bring some of the interest back. Never say never. This forum had the right name: Motion and Heart. Not so "official" as the "official". Over here there was room for some emotion, a little tear, some grief and joy.

cheers, dazzler.

Hey Dazzler, as you know we have always been relaxed here... Strange to see the <official> forum going un moderated now and the problems that go with it.  

Going back to May and what I said... and I know that many still will not have a clue.. but I said

Quoted Text
I will still be around, and will still do an update from time to time, but as stated above “In the official OMD land, the lunatics have taken over the asylum”

hey ho!!!!!

Find the Motion and Heart Facebook page @ http://www.facebook.com/MotionandHeart
Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 24 - 34
NeilT
September 19, 2010, 9:55pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Oh golly, from May to September... and how was my prediction then...

Quoted Text
I will still be around, and will still do an update from time to time, but as stated above “In the official OMD land, the lunatics have taken over the asylum”

rather daft and all of that....

Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 25 - 34
DreamRedux
September 22, 2010, 4:21pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

My brain is a broken juke box!
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.24
Time Online: 9 days 5 hours 4 minutes
Whoa.  I know I'm (regrettably) very out of touch - which I hope to remedy soon! - but I don't notice any lunatics at the official site . . . in fact, I don't see ANYTHING at the Official Site . . . . nothing comes up at http://www.omd.uk.com . . . Is it being upgraded?  Wasn't PaulB going to launch a new site for Messages?  It seems like it was up just a few weeks ago when I popped in to say Hi . . .

At any rate, three cheers for the Motion & Heart Forums!  

~ Lorraine

Last cup of tea - though I could sit here forever
Passing the life and times back and forth
Across the table with you, my ideal friend.

J. D. McClatchy - An Essay on Friendship, Part IX (1991)

Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Reply: 26 - 34
NeilT
September 22, 2010, 8:47pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

Administrator
Keeping everyone happy
Looks like the Offrical OMD website has some problems or a server outage at the moment. I am sure it will be back on line soon...

From memory, the Official site also got hacked, the forum, the last time there was a launch...

Site Site Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 27 - 34
mark
September 23, 2010, 7:53am Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

-- .- .-. -.-
The More I See You
Posts Per Day: 0.18
Time Online: 7 days 15 hours 37 minutes
Ah Ok that's why I couldn't access it last night then .. !! I only wanted to check something in the discography!

"Also ich habe eine Ausbildung gemacht als Industriekaufsmann, und wurde nach der Ausbildung...."

words - space - music - vision
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message YIM YIM Reply: 28 - 34
Sandra
September 23, 2010, 10:00pm Report to Moderator Report to Moderator

I'm very close to far away...
The More I See You
Dont touch me.. I may blow up
Posts Per Day: 0.58
Time Online: 56 days 9 hours 11 minutes
One thing Andy is right about - more new people have been posting recently, when the Official forum stopped being dominated by a certain few...

Onwards and upwards...
Logged Offline
Private Message Private message Windows Live Messenger WLM Skype Skype Reply: 29 - 34
4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » All Recommend Thread
Print Print Thread

Motion And Heart Forum    :::: News ::::    Latest News  ›  The Question

Thread Rating
There is currently no rating for this thread