Print Topic - Archive

Motion And Heart Forum  /  Introduce Your Self  /  I'm the newbie. I promise I'm harmless!! ^^'
Posted by: Sireniya, September 29, 2011, 10:49pm
Well... what does one like me say?

[...oh right. Duh. The basics. Because trying to think after working 7 hours straight doesn't always end well! That said...]

HELLO, FORUM!!!

I'm Jennifer, and I live in Florida. And I've been a bit of a fan of OMD since my childhood in the mid-80's, growing up to "If You Leave" and "So In Love." But it wasn't until recently [and we're talking Saturday 17 September-recent, mind!] that, OMD became my new favorite band. I mean, sure, I discovered along the route of the past five years or so "Electricity", "Dreaming" and "Genetic Engineering." Last year I discovered my favorite OMD song, "Maid of Orleans." But it wasn't until that very Saturday eventide that I saw them live for the first time ever...

Two things resulted.

One, "If You Leave"--which, I'll confess, never entirely grew on me growing up--grew on me in such a way that I can NEVER hear that song the same way again. [In fact, I <3 the 12" Extended version more than the original now!]

And,
Two, needless to say... guess who's my new favorite band now... ^_^

Oh, and one more thing... you can get away with calling me Jenn. Or Jenny, or 'Sunshine' [blame the coworkers for that one... long story], or of course 'Sireniya' if all else fails...

<3
~ Jenn

P.S. Avatar and signature pic in progress... my creative brain's in overdrive at the moment... *PLEASE STAND BY!!!"
Posted by: NeilT, September 29, 2011, 11:30pm; Reply: 1
welcome... and take your time...  :)
Posted by: Sireniya, September 30, 2011, 12:58am; Reply: 2
Thankies muchly, Niel!! ^_^ And I look forward to meeting the rest of the bunch here. :)

Memo to self--art. section. VERY. soon!

<3
~ Jenn
Posted by: tigerkev, October 16, 2011, 8:36am; Reply: 3
im new too oct 2011,im 43 ouch,grew up with omd but only now am i into them big time,my fav tune is maid of orleans god that song is the best in the world and best played full blast in the car,i might geta few funny looks of these young kids at the lights playing there dance music but hey,so what,next fav is enola gay and i have downloaded some great remixes of that tune 1 was mixed with katie perry but hey it works,,,i have never seen omd live yet but thats top of my wish list..
Posted by: corky100, October 16, 2011, 10:09pm; Reply: 4
...and hello to you both :)
Posted by: Sireniya, October 17, 2011, 12:41am; Reply: 5
Heylo to you too, Corky! :-) And, I introduced some friends of mine to OMD with "Maid of Orleans," Tiger. It is just an AMAZING song and, in my opinion, one of their best if not *the* best. And, OMG! YES, you HAVE to see them live next time they're on tour. Un'freggin'believable show when they rocked Orlando. I'm still reeling from it [obviously].
Posted by: MJB, October 21, 2011, 5:42pm; Reply: 6
:hello

I'm the nutty one!!!  ;) ;)
Posted by: Sireniya, October 21, 2011, 10:40pm; Reply: 7
Woohoo!! :-D heylo, Maxine!! Very nice to meet you!! [And don't worry, I can definitely handle the nutty 'round here!! ;-) Heheh!]
Posted by: MJB, October 22, 2011, 6:57pm; Reply: 8
Nice to meet you too.  I hope you continue to post and not just disappear!!!!  ;) ;)
Posted by: Sireniya, October 22, 2011, 10:00pm; Reply: 9
Oh most definitely, Maxine. :-) I've just been very busy lately, mostly with work and as of recently a death in the family, plus no wifi at the apartment so I'm fairly confined to the mobile web. But the next chance that I'm on the laptop I'll be posting in the art section wallpapers that I've made [OMD of course, but a couple non-OMD-esque here and there too], so that'll be a treat for all here, I'm sure.

So yeah, I'm just getting my bearings a bit but lately, WOW has life kicked me in the head... x.x
Posted by: MJB, October 23, 2011, 5:15pm; Reply: 10
Well you're in good company here, lots of us have had life kick us in the head (more than once!!!)

But we all keep smiling and moving along .... just how you should do.... life's too short to let it kick the life out of you!!! (43))
Posted by: Sireniya, October 23, 2011, 6:50pm; Reply: 11
Oh, absolutely!! :-) I just keep my chin up, crank up the OMD and keep on truckin'!! [Sometimes I even bring some friends along--hey! mayhem loves company!! LOL]
Posted by: MJB, October 28, 2011, 1:46pm; Reply: 12
(104)) Way to go Jenn!!! (103))
Posted by: Karin, November 17, 2011, 8:54pm; Reply: 13
I`m back after a very, very  long time  8) HELLO EVERYBODY  ;)
Posted by: MJB, November 18, 2011, 9:05pm; Reply: 14
8) Hi Karin xxxWelcome back xxx
Posted by: NeilT, November 21, 2011, 10:10pm; Reply: 15
welcome back Karen...
Posted by: Sireniya, November 22, 2011, 9:28pm; Reply: 16
Heylo, Karin!! Glad to meet you--and welcome back'ness indeed!!!! :)
Posted by: MJB, September 24, 2013, 9:10pm; Reply: 17
Any other newbies want to introduce themselves?? :party

:juggle You can either add to this thread, or better still .... start one of your own!!! :juggle
Print page generated: April 6, 2020, 8:32pm